Welcome to the North West Regional Group of the Council for British Archaeology
We cover the counties of Cheshire, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside. The archaeology of this region is as diverse as its landscape, from the ancient remains of prehistory to the iconic monuments of the Industrial Revolution.
Our aim is to help advance the enjoyment, study and care of the archaeology in our region.
Our activities include:
- bringing together and supporting those involved in archaeology including individuals, volunteer groups, professional bodies and academics
- advocating and campaigning for heritage
- encouraging and publishing research into the region’s heritage
- providing grant funding for regional archaeological work
- supporting the regional branches of the Young Archaeologists Club
- providing and promoting opportunities for participation in archaeology for everyone
Council for British Archaeology North West – Become a Member
If you care for the future of the past, and want to learn more about archaeology in the north west, the Council for British Archaeology is the organisation for you.
The Council for British Archaeology North West is funded through membership contributions and we rely on our members to be able to continue our work.
- A copy of our newsletter sharing updates of the archaeology of the region
- Discounted member rate for Council for British Archaeology North West events
- A free copy of publications funded and produced by the Council for British Archaeology North West within the membership year
- Access to our Member’s Area
Find out more about becoming a member of the Council for British Archaeology North West on our Membership pages.
Chair contact details:
For membership queries please contact:
To notify us of news and events please contact:
Postal Address: Council for British Archaeology, North West Regional Group, 92 Micklegate, York, YO1 6JX
Council for British Archaeology North West registered charity number 1081620.