If you are involved in archaeology in our local region, and wish to undertake a project, or part of a project, but find yourself short of funds then the CBANW may be able to help.
We offer grants of up to £500 to assist individuals or groups within Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside to undertake work that they would not otherwise be able to afford.
Examples of projects which may be suitable are:
- Equipment for the study of a site of local significance, including field survey and/or excavation
- Publication costs for a report on work carried out in the region by the applicant
- Materials for a display on local history
- Educational visits
- Activities which will help young people and/or the community to be involved in the local archaeology
Examples of previous projects for which grants have been approved are:
- Assistance towards the radio-carbon-dating of samples from the ironworking site that is being studied by Holcombe Moor Heritage Group
- Support towards the programme “Emerging Archaeologists”, aimed at helping young people become Archaeologists, which is being set up by Liverpool Museum
- Helping meet the cost of expert analysis of Roman ceramic finds from Nantwich for STAG (South Trafford Archaeology Group)
- Aiding in the provision of equipment for recording hard-to-read historic graffiti as part of The NW Historic Graffiti Survey
For further information, or to discuss a potential request for funding before applying, please contact the Secretary: email@example.com .
You can apply online by clicking on the link below to complete the application form or request application details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can also apply by post. Please write to the Secretary to request an application form.
Postal Address: Council for British Archaeology, North West Regional Group Secretary, 92 Micklegate, York, YO1 6JX.
To complete your application online, please click the link below :
All applications will be discussed and considered by the committee of the CBANW. You will be notified of the outcome by the Treasurer.
Will be expected to supply a short written report for our newsletter and, if appropriate, give a short presentation at the next conference following the acceptance of the award.
Publications and exhibitions should acknowledge the support of the CBANW.