Design a site like this with
Get started

Help and Advice

This page contains information about organisations you can go to for help with archaeological issues or concerns. Please be aware that the resources collated here are for information purposes only and organisations on this page are not affiliated to the Council for British Archaeology North West unless otherwise stated.

If you have a resource that you find useful and would like to share or recommend it to be included on this page. Please contact us at .

Portable Antiquities Scheme

The Portable Antiquities Scheme has been set up to record archaeological objects found by members of the public. If you have discovered an archaeological find you can get free help in identifying and recording your find through the Finds Liaison Officer in your area.

ALGAO – Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers

The Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers holds contact details for local authority archaeologists in the UK. If you have a query over a site or changes to the historic environment, your local authority archaeologist may be able to help.

Council for British Archaeology Historic Buildings Casework Team

The Council for British Archaeology Historic Buildings Casework Team can help with general queries or concerns over changes to historic buildings. You can find out more about the team and how to contact them on the national Council for British Archaeology pages.

LHEN – Council for British Archaeology Local Heritage Engagement Network

If you want to find out more about championing or campaigning for archaeology and heritage in your area, the LHEN website can help. Here you can find information, advice and toolkits to help you support archaeology in your area.

Historic England Heritage Crime Information

If you are concerned about crime or anti-social behaviour affecting historic sites and buildings in England, please see further guidance on the Historic England Heritage Crime webpages.

%d bloggers like this: